Due to the extreme weather event currently hitting the country, various parts of the South Island are experiencing delays due to road closures, flooding, and slips.
- KiwiRail has advised that the Main South Line between Blenheim and Kaikoura is closed due to a slip. As soon as it is safe to do so KiwiRail will do an inspection and advise further once they have more information. Unfortunately, freight ex Auckland on rail from yesterday is caught behind this slip in Blenheim.
- SH1 and SH63 out of Blenheim are both closed. This means that the road units from Auckland yesterday are also held up in Blenheim.
- SH73 between Arthurs Pass and Darfield are closed due to flooding therefore any freight heading across the West Coast will not get through.
- SH8 between Geraldine and Twizel is closed.
- SH8 between Omarama and the turn off to Wanaka/Cromwell is closed. This means that Central Otago freight cannot get through.
The Road around Ashburton currently remains open, however, there is a significant amount of flooding, so has the potential to close. We are closely monitoring the situation and will provide further updates in due course.
Our Customer Service Team will be in contact with impacted parties accordingly.